This is the classic use of 3D scanning for reverse engineering. With Faro Focus scanner x130 obtained full spatial information in ship engine room. A point cloud was used to design the fuel cooling system, as an intelligent 3D model, with the necessary detail engineering.
Intelligent 3D model contain important information about eg.: the material used, equipment suppliers, detail engineering for prefabrication. a description of the system, standard of building and many others. Each element of an intelligent 3D model can be directly linked with PDF/DWG documentation.
Classical inspection on a ship with manual measurements and photos can’t replace the benefits and advantages of 3D laser scanning. In this way, the design of the new system is devoid of conflict with existing installations, prefabricated will be prepared before the vessel enters to the yards, so that whole cost of upgrading decreasing to a minimum. An additional tool to assist a 360° panoramic views – TruView – created based on images taken from a laser scanner.
- inspection of laser scanning in one day – the incomparable time with traditional methods;
- without suspend works on the ship;
- saving time and minimizing costs to a minimum;
- the accuracy development of +/- 3mm;
- implementation of intelligent 3D model – information about the properties of the material used and specifications, etc.;
- design made on the basis of a point cloud – to avoid a collision with the existing pipeline;
- design engineering for prefabrication;
- TruView – high resolution panoramic scenes.