3D scanning is a very useful measuring instrument that registers the geometry of the space in a very short time. In order to perform an intelligent 3D model deck of chemical tanker, we used the scanner Faro Focus 3D x130. During one day we made 55 measurement stations, covering approx. 150 m long main deck. Obtained point cloud allowed the development of intelligent 3D model piping systems and structural elements of the ship’s deck. As a result, the owner has full knowledge about existing systems, which for many years have been modernized and repaired. When designing new systems, designers can avoid any collisions, adjusting the course of the situation on the ship. This translates into significant savings in design, waste materials and above all the costs associated with downtime ship in a shipyard.
- 3D scanning made in one day – an incomparable time with traditional methods;
- do not suspend ongoing modernization and repair works;
- accuracy +/- 5mm;
- implementation of intelligent 3D model – information about properties of the individual materials used, available documentation 2D;
- based on the modeled piping can be obtained documentation allowing them prefabrication;
- actual 3D documentation, resulting in shorter repair time, often without the need to visit the shipyard;
- possibility to make 2D documentation ship plans;
- eliminating collisions at the stage of later modernization pipelines or installing new systems;
- WebShare – High resolution panoramic 3D scene;
- 3D model available in Navisworks Manage.