Norwegian fjords are an ideal environment for lovers of water sports extreme. We had the opportunity to work with one of them. During one of his cruises, the racing boat collided with another floating object. The owner, wanting to recreate the original form, reconstruct the damaged elements and improve the aerodynamic shape of the boat, so that it could reach even higher speeds, reported to us. We scanned the boat with a laser scanner. The spatial model was developed in Geomagic Design X. A few hours of scanning, chamber work, and an amazing effect!
- precise mapping of original, diverse surfaces;
- reconstruction of damaged elements;
- the opportunity to redesign the facility to improve performance;
- developing the most effective way of working;
- saving time and material;
- minimization costs of production.