The study was used object of cultural heritage, which is the Church of Saint Michael the Archangel in Gdynia. The Church has a history dating back to 1224, when Prince Gdansk Świętopełek II funded its construction. The measurement was obtained terrestrial laser scanner Leica ScanStation C10. This scanner is a pulse-type with built-in digital camera 4Mpix a range of 300 m at an albedo of 90%. His construction allows to perform scanning in the full cycle (360 ° horizontal and 270 ° vertical).
Laser scanning is made of 21 positions, so that was scanned an area of approximately 2400 m2, including the church’s interior and coastal areas. Obtained point cloud consists of nearly 240 million points and made 5777 pictures. Measuring time less than 16 hours.
By using laser scanning technology, for the object made a set of materials developed, ie. The actual 3D model, vector model, video presentation, true orthophoto and virtual tour.
If you want to virtually visit the church, you need to install the free plugin Leica TruView. Action only in Internet Explorer. Then click on Below image and go exploring.
For interesting bit of history:
The Church of St. Michael the Archangel in Gdynia is the oldest historic building located on the current areas of Gdynia. It is set in Oksywie, płk. Stanislaus Dąbka 1 Street. Oksywie first mentioned in the documents were from 1209 years. Stanislaus, the wife of the Duke of Pomerania Mestwina I gave Kepa Oksywska Norbertine monastery of Zhukov. In 1245 years Bishop Michael kujawski with Prince Gdansk Pomerania Świętopełkiem II called the Great confirmed the privilege given to the Norbertine.
The first church was established in 1224 years, which was founded by by Prince Świętopełk II. , In 1253, Bishop Michael established a parish that its scope covered practically the entire surface of the current administrative Gdynia. In the fourteenth century, it was taken to expand the church. Built a polygonal eastern part of the presbytery with the north side, creating a side nave. In the 1,583 years they have been the consecration of the church. Polish-Swedish war destroyed temples. After the reconstruction, in 1687 it was built a wooden tower, completed baroque helmet. The label of crowning the helmet was forged date of construction. The next restoration of the church lived in 1925-1927. It focuses mainly above the restaurant northern nave. During the Second World War the church was largely destroyed. Shortly after the war, the reconstruction of the [Bishop’s Curia, 1928].
The spatial arrangement of the church reflects the well-known from the thirteenth and fourteenth century in the village of Pomerania, the type of rural parish church, oriented, with a longitudinal arrangement of polygonal chancel and four-sided tower on the west. Fragmentation walls of stone and brick shows all the stages of development of the temple. To date, the original temple preserved wall in the western part. Church is also a symbolic place, commemorating the crew who died in World War II ships of the Second Republic. On the north wall of the church, plaques dedicated to the six ships, ie. ORP “Grom”, “Orzeł”, “Jastrząb”, “Kujawiak”, “Orkan” and “Dragon”” and the table on the south wall, which is a tribute to the officers innocent defendants and sentenced to death under Stalin. The register of monuments of the National Heritage Institute has been entered on 08.16.1996., Reg. No. A-1154.