In the heart of Warsaw’s Old Town, at Świętojańska Street, there is the Church of Matki Boskiej Łaskawej, erected at the beginning of the 17th century at the initiative of father Piotr Skarga as the seat of the jesuits. As a result of the Swedish army invasion in 1656, the church was destroyed and plundered. In subsequent years, the building served as a pharmacy, after the construction of the back part of the school, the seat of the German Brotherhood. St. Bruno or the cathedral warehouse, and finally in 1864 his original function was restored. In 1944, the temple was set on fire and blown up. The temple was rebuilt by the jesuits in the second half of the 20th century. Part of the building, from ul. Jesuicka, acts as a jesuit monastery.
In December 2017, we had the opportunity to scanning this historical place. A short visit with a laser scanner allowed to obtain information about all, even hard to reach parts of the huge temple and the jesuit monastery. 362 measuring stations were made. Postprocessing studies led to the generation of 2D documentation, necessary for any work.
Cubature: 17 500 m3
- architectural inventory of high accuracy;
- reduction of working time, through the use of fast spatial scanning technique than traditional measurement methods;
- minimization of costs, by working on the current technical documentation and avoiding non-compliance of the project with the actual state of the object.