3D scanning of monuments provides a new dimension in preserving cultural heritage. Historic buildings very often do not have documentation or it is very outdated. 3D scanning allows you to transfer objects to digital form while maintaining all architectural details.
Depending on the purpose of 3D scanning, we offer a point cloud in shades of gray or in color (HDR). 3D scanning with color requires more time during measurement, while it also acquires a realistic texture of objects.
THE CLOUD OF POINTS IS THE PERFECT STARTING MATERIAL FOR:
- Recreation of architectural documentation with drawn details in the form of 2D CAD drawings
- Development of the spatial model and the BIM model
- Making a 3D mesh model adapted for 3D printing
- Virtual tours
- High resolution orthoimages
- High resolution animations and visualizations
MAIN BENEFITS OF 3D SCANNING:
- UNSIGNITY AND PRECISION – Full precise 3D geometry of the object as opposed to manual sketches, which are made using the classical method.
- TIME IS MONEY – Complicated geometry or elements at heights are not a problem for 3D scanning technology. No scaffolding or specialized booms are needed, as in the case of classical measurement
- ACCURACY – high precision and detail of measurement
- VISUALIZATION – The acquired cloud of points with 3D models is an interesting form of promotion and presentation of existing historic buildings