The Costa Pacifica and Costa Diadema cruisers have been scanned to design a new, more environmentally friendly fuel system. Scanning parts of the engine room and bunker stations helped in this. Especially for cruise liners, time and no mistakes are important. 3D scanning was performed during cruises, without disturbing the prevailing order. The point cloud, which is the basis for a collision-free design of new installations, is the key to success.
- Length / width of the ship:
- COSTA PACIFICA: 290 m/36 m
- COSTA DIADEMA: 306 m/37 m
- Number of positions:
- COSTA PACIFICA: 159 in colour
- COSTA DIADEMA: 253 in colour
- Final product: colorful point cloud, Recap RealView, scene2go.
- fast time to get spatial data;
- precise 3D data;
- saves time and money by eliminating design errors (collisions);
- no additional inspections required on board.